Saturday, August 2, 2008

Stroke and Stride



Pictures above are from a Thursday night race, "The Boulder Stroke and Stride."
I raced in the 1500 meter swim and 5k run. Did it as a workout and boy was I tired during the race. Didn't have the greatest race but I did have fun..

Here is some info about the race from the Racing Underground website:

The Boulder Stroke & Stride enters it's 7th season in 2008, and offers Boulder area athletes a fun 1-lap 750 Meter Swim, or 2-Lap 1500 Meter swim in Boulder Reservoir, followed by a 5k run on the reservoir dam on 10 Thursday evenings throughout the summer. Many participants make their open-water swimming debut in the beginner-friendly Stroke & Stride 750 meter event, while more seasoned athletes get the thrill of starting alongside some of the top athletes in the world in the 1,500 meter swim. 200-300 participants enjoy the Stroke & Stride every week!

2 comments:

me and my Homeys said...

Stroke and Stride reminds me of Pump and Run... :)

me and my Homeys said...

And I love your "emo" hair in the top photo. You should leave it for school, the kids will think you are so tragic and cool.