Sunday, October 26, 2008

Memory of Grandma

April 18, 1919 to October 24, 2008
A lot of my friends knew my grandma and to them they would call her "Grandma" when they would see her out. You try to think about all the good times and laughs that we had with her. She was one of a kind. Here is what a few of my friends remember about her:
Halstead said, "She was a first class lady. She went out with class and he is truely said to here that she is gone. He really liked her."
Griggs said, "I can remember her getting up at 2:00 a.m and hearing my plastic bags that I kept my snacks in being open." Grandma would call him the ladies man.
Halstead summed it all, Grandma did go out with class. She had her mind and was with it. I remember when Rene' and myself picked her up at the hospital two weeks ago after she fell and hurt her eye. Boy was she with it. She knew more than all the nurses. I plan to write more about her but it is still hard at the moment knowing that she is gone. Grandma wasn't just a grandmother to me but a friend and a second mom. She will always be in my memory. The next race that I do I will be racing in her memory. I know that she will be with me in spirit. Funny thing is even when she was actually at my races she would always miss me finish.
You were the Best "Ozella Freeman" Grandma.

No comments: