Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well I guess I am going to try another marathon. I haven't had much luck since back in 2000 when I placed 12th overall at the Disney Marathon with a time of 2:43. The past couple of marathons that I have attempted didn't go as expected. This time I am approaching it differently so we shall see what happens.

This weekend is the Maitland 5k. Coach Bill will be running as the rest of Team Hendryx helps out with the race. Bill wanted to open it up a little and see what kind of time he can get.

Last weekend the staff from Fleet Feet and the coaches from Team Hendryx meet up and had a night out. We started off meeting at a pizza place for some carbs and then we headed off to Rebounderz in Longwood http://rebounderz.com/ . You have got to check this place out. The Rebounderz' jumper court is over 6,700 square feet of jumping surface. FYI- a couple of us learned our lesson not to hang with the youngsters in there jumping. They were bouncing and running off the walls so I decided to try and well I ended up falling almost everytime. The next day I woke up and felt like I had been run over. I was sore for 3 days from all this fun. Would I do it again. You bet I would but I think I would take a few more breaks than I did. Overall it was a nice night out with a good group of friends.

No comments: