Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Some things are better off not knowing

Today, I went for my usual 5:30 a.m swim but it was 41 degrees outside. I decided that I should go ahead and get dressed for my swim in the locker room so when I stepped outside I could dive right into the pool. As I headed outside, I noticed a new guard on duty and no one else was in the pool. Plus there wasn't any steam coming off the pool. Hmmm, not a good sign. Well I dove in and then realized why there was no steam coming off the pool because it was cold. I ended up swimming longer sets so I didn't have to stop but it was cold as I was swimming and I never warmed up.

As I was swimming, I realized that it was better for me not knowing the water was cold because I wouldn't have swam if I had known this. Funny thing is when I was getting out the water the lady lifeguard had the guts to ask me if it was cold getting in... As if she didn't already know this. Also, when I went into the locker room one of my friends that usual swims when I do told me I was crazy for swimming.

No comments: